Ashram nutrition class
January 10, 2013 By Billy
Here’s the voice recording of our nutrition class – Just press play!!
Great Class! WE COVERED EVERYTHING! It will be a while until more classes are posted;)
sorry, the recording didn’t work this week! The recording above is really comprehensive.
Here are the recipes I promised. Do them! —
1) The Perfect Breakfast Smoothie – how you start your day is a big one!
…This is My New Favorite Infinity Superfood Smoothie!
5 – 10 frozen organic strawberries
1 cup pure water
1-4 heaping teaspoons Infinity Greens, and/or C, and/or Protein – choose what you need.
1-2 heaping tablespoons whole Greek yogurt and/or raw almond butter
Optional – 1/2 organic banana or pear. or round tablespoon raw honey.
Blend it up and enjoy the healthiest and most delicious superfood smoothie there ever was!~
2) The Ultimate Salad ~
– a couple handfuls of arugula into the bowl, a few leaves of basil, and optional handful of sprouts. I prefer to crush them up a little bit with my fingers. This makes it absorb the dressing better…best for flavor.
– Sliced avocado, cucumber, pickle, a few sun-cured olives and handful of raw saurkraut
– A sprinkle of Billy’s Sprouted Almonds(for healthy fats with a crunch), macadamia nuts, celtic sea salt and cayenne.
– Pour on the olive oil and juice of one lemon…add a dash of balsamic v.
– Give it a little stir and voila!
3)SPICY HARVEST ORGANIC VEGETABLE SOUP – Serves 4-6
1 Carrot 1 Sweet Potato
1/2 Head Cabbage 1/2 lb Green Beans
1 Bunch of Kale 1 Zucchini
2 Heads Broccoli 3 round Tablespoons GHEE
1 1/2 Tablespoon Chili Powder Blend salt to Taste – Use Celtic Sea salt!
Simmer water just at bottom of Big Pot. Chop Vegetables into small bite size pieces. As you add Vegetables keep adding water – just enough to be below the vegetables. Keep simmering as you add Vegetables and Water. Use less water than you would think! Simmer till veggies are medium soft. Scoop approximately 1/3 of boiled vegetables to blender. Add Desired amount of chili powder and blend it up into a hearty broth. Add back to the pot and simmer to desired consistency. Salt to Taste.
Also we talked a bit about gluten, and here is a link to the blog that gives the details about that ~ The Truth about Gluten
Also we talked about O2. This is the most important part of our health! Check out this article!!!!!!! Click here – O2
* read the middle part of article.
Wishing you truly awesome health, as always!~
ps…..WAS THIS INFO HELPFUL? IF YES, THEN PASS IT ON TO A FRIEND!!!!