September 2007 Newsletter
September 1, 2007 By Billy
This is one of my new favorite recipes: you’ve gotta give this one a try!
Raw Non-Bean Burrito
Equipment needed: Food-processor
Foods: raw walnuts, olive oil, sea salt, cumin, lemon juice, chili powder, avocado, cucumber, chard leaves, tomato, sprouts
1) Soak 1 cup raw walnuts in pure water for at least 8 hours or overnight
2) Drain walnuts and place in food processor
3) Add: 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, 1 tablespoon cumin, 1 round teaspoon chili powder, and juice of one lemon.
4) Blend until consistency is like that of refried beans. Note: you will need to stop the food processor and scrape the sides with a spatula and blend again to get the consistency smooth.and you may to add just a little water to keep things moving.
5) Slice tomato, cucumber, and avocado into thin slices (approx. 1/4″ thick)
6) Smear “non-refried-bean-like-walnut-yumminess” along middle vein of Chard Leaf. You will find that the chard leaf is circular in shape much like a flour tortilla. Stack tomato, cucumber, avocado, and spouts as you desire over the non-Beans. You may add any veggie you like; this one is fabulous and is a good place to start. You can also add extra sea salt to taste or a sprinkle of cayenne for extra spiciness.
7) Roll it up.
8) Enjoy! YOU WILL LOVE THIS!!! You will find that the taste, consistency, and texture closely replicate that of the ultimate Bean and Cheese Burrito. Not only does it taste far better, it leaves you feeling energized, vibrant, healthy, light, and deeply satisfied!
**You can also slice the chard leaves to a smaller size to make miniature burritos that are the perfect finger food for catering a party . . . not to mention that you will dazzle your friends.
Remember, the most important thing to improving the nutritional component of your health and well-being, is to add more of these raw, organic, unprocessed, natural foods to your lifestyle. My aim is to give you simple recipes like this one that are realistic to prepare for those of us who live busy lifestyles. Devoting just a little extra time each day to your well-being is hugely rewarding! It always shows up in ways to make it all worth it . . . like weight loss, increased energy, improved mood, better sleep, strong immune system, and in every organ, action, and function of your body.
As always, superfoods are always complimentary to your health and well-being regardless of your diet. Having your Infinity Greens in a smoothie first thing in the morning gives the body that deeply satisfied feeling from receiving all of the otherwise hard-to-get nutrients that are essential to building our health. It can be as easy as a frozen banana, a scoop of greens, and a little water in the blender and voila! And the greens in capsule form are useful for when we are on the go. Living an busy lifestyle does not have to interfere with caring for our health. Rather, allowing a little extra time for quality nutrition gives us the capacity to do and be more than we already are!
Wishing you all the best on your continued journey in to Life and Well-Being!