The essentials for kicking out the winter blues.
February 18, 2019 By Billy
Because we’ve hit the mid-winter benchmark the simple fact is that for a few months now, we have been getting less sunshine. The problem is when we get less sunshine, the body produces less serotonin which is a chemical messenger in the body responsible for keeping a positive mood.
Reduction of serotonin over the last few months is why you may be feeling less positive than you normally would. This can be reflected by such states as irritability, impatience, lower self-esteem, and less-than-great stress management.
With less sunshine, not only is the production of serotonin reduced, the body also produces more melatonin which is why you may also feel drowsy and less motivated.
Feelings, including any of the above, when related to less sunshine, are diagnosed as ‘seasonal affective disorder (SAD)’, commonly referred to as the ‘winter blues’.
The good news is this means that since there’s a sound reason why you may be feeling this way, it’s highly unlikely that there is something wrong with you. So don’t despair!
Now, for the really good news: there are some simple yet incredibly powerful ways that will help boost your serotonin production! So don’t delay if you’re not feeling your greatest! Make today the day of giving yourself the healthy serotonin boost!
Here are 5 highly effective ways to boost your serotonin levels:
1) Digestive Health – did you know that the majority of the body’s serotonin is produced in the gastrointestinal system? Wow, that’s major! This is why Infinity Greens, the flagship of the Infinity Superfoods, is intended to support a healthy mind. The precision blend of probiotics, enzymes, soluble fiber, and algae has a profound influence. Essentially every food you put in your body influences your overall health. The big picture to consider is that the health of your body is a massive influence for the health of your brain; thus your mind, too.
2) Superfoods!…and just the right ones! The mood-boosting power of superfoods is the very essence of Infinity Chai; joy in a teacup, made delicious, of course. It’s the trinity of Reishi, Cordycpes, and Lions Mane mushrooms which are precursors to serotonin production. Truthfully, when I go for even one day without my cup of Infinity Chai, something doesn’t feel quite right.
3) Exercise – exercise boosts serotonin! This means get to the gym! Or go for a power-walk. Or take a yoga class. The discipline is so very worth the effort, and why not make it fun?
4) Get outdoors for unadulterated sunshine whenever possible. If this most important option is limited then a light therapy lamp can be helpful since it is dedicated to serotonin production. This, of course, does not replace pure sunshine though.
5) Reducing stress with a healthy personal life dedicated to the mind – Who are you spending time with? Do they lift you up or bring you down? Do you have a spiritual practice? Prayer? Meditation? What kind of material do you read or what do you watch on the television (if you do). Is it positive and uplifting or the opposite? Naturally these are all important parts of our lifestyle since they affect your joy. This we cover extensively in my book, The Infinity Health Manual (have you taken advantage of this vital resource yet?).
Over the last 17 years, the Infinity Superfoods and health protocols have become a powerful force, enhancing the lives of many thousands of people, and my wish is for you to be part of it. Lastly, if you’ve experienced the benefits of the superfoods and knowledge that I have to share, then please forward this to your friends and family since naturally they will experience the benefits, too.
Have a great day!!…
Yours truly, and at your service always,